Reasons Why legends left the Spanish league?

As you know, many masters such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi Neymar decide to continue their careers in different leagues. is there a financial crisis in La Liga, let's examine it together...

As you know, in 2018, Cristiano Ronaldo transferred to Juventus after a 9-year career in Real Madrid for 117 million euros in July 2018. Then, In the past months another best player of La Liga; Messi had to leave his childhood team;Barcelona, ​​for some economic reasons. Barcelona was the team that discovered Lionel Messi's football talent and brought him into football. That's why we think there is a really major reason to leave Barcelona. When we searched from many news and resources, we observed that the reason why Ronaldo left was not actually money or tax. 

"Nothing was the same as before" - Cristiano Ronaldo 
"Within the club, especially with President Perez, I felt that they no longer saw me as before. In my first 5 years at Real Madrid, I had the feeling of being Cristiano Ronaldo. After that, I saw it decrease.This situation made me think about leaving. At that time, there were news that I wanted to leave. There was some truth to the news, but what actually happened was that President Perez didn't back me up."

"The reason wasn't about the money"- Cristiano Ronaldo 
"If it was about money, I would prefer to go to China," said Ronaldo.

Why Lionel Messi Left Barcelona?
According to the  Spanish news, Lionel Messi and his Father, Jorge Messi, were ensured that the signatures would be signed after meeting with President Laporta. However, Barcelona couldn't resolve the salary of La Liga's cap issue for Messi's contract. Allegedly, Messi wanted to stay in Barcelona a lot. Messi was ensured that he would stay in Barcelona. For this reason, he rejected most of the transfer offers for a while. However, after a while, Laporta conveyed to Messi that there was no way to overcome this salary problem. Laporta told to Messi that evaluate the other club offers.

I had to leave due to La Liga Rules!
In the Press Meeting Messi stated that the reason for leaving was economic.


We believe that La Liga lost one of the best player in the world because of the financial fair play. Because of the  Financial fair play, The quality of Spanish football is declining. Barcelona will not be able to represent their country in the champions league as well as before.When we look at Barcelona's matches these days, Barcelona is very regressed in terms of gameplay and ranking.

Now I want to ask you, do you think there is a financial crisis in La Liga, let's discuss it together in the comments.

BY: BERTAN LEVİ 3 November 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAJVzkhGLio

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-why-lionel-messi-is-leaving-barcelona-7445005/

https://newsletter.laliga.es/global-futbol/how-laliga-economic-controls-go-beyond-financial-fair-play/rrss

https://www.espn.com/soccer/news/story/_/id/1321019/new-'financial-fair-play'-rules-for-spanish-football-agreed

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-did-cristiano-ronaldo-leave-real-madrid-for-juventus/1xzscq6gfxb8n15976p2yuyi8j

https://www.transfermarkt.fr/cristiano-ronaldo/profil/spieler/8198

Comments

  1. I would agree that there is a financial crisis in La Liga, but disagree with the statement that because of the financial fairplay the quality of Barcelona and La Liga is declining. I think many clubs such as Real or Barca are so heavily in the debts and sometimes having some managerial problems that they hurt themselves, maybe this is seen after a few years. I think Financial FairPlay is not working and would that have been the only problem Barca would have solved it. But maybe I forget something..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe there´s a financial crisis in La Liga but that´s not precisely the reason why legends are moving to other leagues (excepting the case of Messi). The level of the Spanish League has been decreasing throughout the years and if we must blame someone it´ll be the directives of the League who have been involved in corruption. In fact, the Barcelona is a recent example of this since his former president was even arrested because of the famous “Barcagate”case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan Montoriol

    Well, I would say that the big problem with the Spanish league is that it is no longer the league that everyone wants to see. Many very good players from the Spanish league, who were not in Barça or Madrid, went to the British islands, where they began to create great teams, while in the Spanish league, with the departure of many good players, they lost level, so the TV rights are not the same as the premier league. So, I think there is crisis for Barça and Madrid, since they are no longer the “kings” of the transfer market. For the rest of the Spanish league, it is still quite similar, because they have never been able to make big signings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Joan the Spanish league isn't what it was before. It used to be the best league in the world but the best players of the league started leaving like for example Messi Neymar and Ronaldo that left. It's a pity, but I am sure that in the future it will become the best league in the world.

      Delete
  4. I believe that the La liga is indeed declining in quality, on the other hand, we now only look at why the two biggest players left. This has had nothing to do with the league itself, but because of personal wishes (Cristiano Ronaldo) and financial problems (Barcelona, Messi). Due to the departure of these players, you notice that there is more competition between teams in the la liga, which can provide more opportunities for smaller clubs.

    Do you also agree with this? This can ensure that smaller clubs get better and can grow in order to end up in Europe for the bigger competitions and earn the big money to buy better players.

    (Roger Onkenhout)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it enables a more tense competition and teams and the gap between teams is smaller because we see that happening now. However, a competition is more exciting to me if there are some big clubs who stand out and that is not the case right now.

      Delete
  5. I believe that the La liga is indeed declining in quality, on the other hand, we now only look at why the two biggest players left. This has had nothing to do with the league itself, but because of personal wishes (Cristiano Ronaldo) and financial problems (Braca, Messi). Due to the departure of these players, you notice that there is more competition between teams in the la liga, which can provide more opportunities for smaller clubs.

    Do you also agree with this? This can ensure that smaller clubs get better and can grow in order to end up in Europe for the bigger competitions and earn the big money to buy better players.

    (Roger Onkenhout)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that the financial fair play rules in La Liga are mostly the cause of losing attraction to the competition. This does not mean I do not like those rules, but if you are the first and only competition to do it, without (a sufficient) transition period and in such a strict way, you are going to get the hits of this. The timing and manner of implementing this was not right in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe that what drives a soccer league to be at the top are the teams that are part of it, and if these teams are going through a good moment, it will mean that their league is going through a good moment too. This is why I do think that as long as one of the main teams of the Spanish league, FC Barcelona, is going through a crisis situation to which its previous leaders (Bartomeu) carried it, its league will be affected and the other teams will be affected as well. This is because they will not have the resources to bring in new players to excite the fans, they will not be able to go far in European competitions and they will not be able to make their games as exciting as they used to be. On the other hand, I believe that Laporta is currently doing a good financial management that will allow the team in a few years to return that illusion to the fans and that will make the league return to its peak with other teams that are also becoming stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe La Liga has a very difficult situation in their hands, on one side its imposing FFP rules to keep the league more competitive and fair, but on the other side, its maintaining the best players in the world in their league. I get that it's not La Ligas fault that Messi left, its FC Barcelona's fault for their bad money management situation. But in reality the departure of Messi will have very negative impacts for La Liga in general, so the question has to be asked, Would it have been better for La Liga to reach an agreement and let Messi stay?, or where they right to maintain their position and set an example for other clubs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. For years now, Laliga has been one of the best football competitions in the world. Just look at the fact that Barcelona and Real Madrid have won 9 Champions League titles in the last 20 years, the rest have been shared between clubs from Italy and England. Changes in the ownership model and financial laws have caused these results to change. I don't think there are big financial problems in La Liga. I simply believe that the big Spanish clubs are not at their best sporting moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course the fact that these big players leaving the Spanish league would leave a great impact on their teams and on the competition. However, I do not think we should constantly be looking on how it was a few years ago. That way we would not be letting the younger players evolve if the older ones stayed in the same place. It is true that there has to be an equilibrium point between the experienced players and the new ones, which I believe Barcelona lacks on this point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure is a pain for LaLiga that both players left. This situation caused a great economic impact in Laliga and now they are not receiving the same ammount of money than before because these kind of players like cristiano messi neymar(he also left la liga) have an enormous marketing and image for the club and competition. Hope to see Halaand & Mbappe soon in Real Madrid...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joaquim Passi
    I consider that in recent years Laliga has had a decline in quality, but I think that this is not the main reason why the two big football stars have decided to make this change. I think it has everything to do with the lack of organisation of the two clubs and the huge unpayable debts they have. Ara is a moment where little by little they have to improve this situation where they can give the league the opportunity to help more young players and smaller teams to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe that in the case of Messi he had to leave due to financial reasons. However, Cristiano Ronaldo left LaLiga because he wanted to. I think he left because he felt like he already did everything in LaLiga (which he did) and wanted to try out different leagues. In the case of Neymar, (another superstar that played in LaLiga) left because of money and because he did not want to be the shadow of Messi, then he went to PSG to be the shadow of Mbappe. Also I have been watching LaLiga for so long and I can tell that before it was way more fun, now there are only a few teams that play nice football (Villareal, Sevilla, Betis, Valencia, Barça and Real Madrid).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Unfortunately we have to accept the reality, La Liga is decreasing in quality and consequently its popularity.
    Apart from losing many stars as the article has commented.
    I hope the right decisions are made in the future so that it can be the best league in the world again.
    Oriol Carreras

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really don't think the decline of La Liga is due to the fact that huge players left the competition nor the financial fair play. I believe it has been happening over the past years, the performance difference between small clubs and big clubs in the league was not as big as it is now I my opinion, therefore leading to people only watching games where two "good" clubs play against each other. Of course, players like Messi and Cristiano, who have a tremendous amount of fans, draw attention to their league and club but they, together, are not capable of bringing a whole league to the top one position.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alejandro Viladomiu

    The Spanish league is not what it used to be for many reasons, the first is that the teams are doing bad management within the club, which means they need to sell their stars to get money out of them. And the second is the politics of the country, which makes them pay a lot of money in taxes and therefore many prefer to go to other countries. In general there are problems both within the sport and outside of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Being someone totally external to La Liga, I can confirm that the attraction of watching their games has been lost.
    Clearly, if you lose the two best players in history it happens to anyone, but I think the biggest problem is "how" Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo ended up leaving, more so in the case of the Argentine.
    Of course, the administration of La Liga was not to blame for this, but I think they have been preoccupied for a long time with depending on the same 3 clubs as always, rather than strengthening and progressing the rest of the clubs.
    Now without Messi and Cristiano and other great players it may look a little more "fair" for everyone, maybe yes. But the truth is that this league, historically, has always been a league that focuses on stars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new champions league coming to football?

Manchester United or the dictatorship of short-term results

Will Esport be the first big business industry in the sport world ?